[PlanetCCRMA] ZynAddSubFX problems still unresolved on F7/F8 with KDE

Sat Nov 24 09:21:01 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 17:46 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 24 November 2007 12:13, Mysth-R wrote:
> > Perhaps you could try to compile Zyn by yourself ?
>
> Hi. First I created a new user as Fernando had suggested, but the problem
> still exists.
[MUNCH]
> This is really weird, as you say that you have no problems with Zyn on F8, and
> KDE. I asked the same ? a while back, and Fernando said he had no problems
> with it on Gnome, so I logged out of F7 KDE, and logged back into Gnome, and
> Zyn performed as expected, no problems, which is why I thought it was some
> problem with KDE on F7, and now F8.

Puzzling.
What video card and driver are you using in the machine that fails?

Maybe you could strace zyn and that may (unlikely) tell us something.
You can do (if using bash as the shell):

  strace zynaddsubfx &>zyntrace.txt

And then quit zyn after the problem manifests itself. The trace will be
very long (it is a trace of all system calls that the executable makes).
Maybe you could compare it with one from the systems that work fine.
Unlikely we'll know what's going on but worth a try.

-- Fernando