[PlanetCCRMA] RME HDSP 9632 PCI rev. 1.53 issue

Jean Batrel jean.batrel at voila.fr
Mon Nov 26 02:44:01 2007

Bonjour à tous !

I installed Fedora 8 (32 bit version) and the PlanetCCRMA packages successfully (many thanks to Fernando Lopez-Lezcano for the big work).

But I encounter a problem : no sound (or nearly) from my HDSP 9632 PCI card. No sound or nearly since I got sound from a .wav file with Sweep, but not from another .wav file (why ?), and this sound was very bad (aplay do not work : cannot create stream, if I remember well).

On forums, it is reported that the HDSP card rev. 1.52 works fine with ALSA, but rev. 1.53 not. The solution is the downgrade of the card to rev. 1.52... But I need this rev. 1.53...

However, PlanetCCRMA comes with ALSA 1.0.15 and the ALSA's changelog claims : hdsp - Add support for latset RME9632 revisions. Yes, the latest HDSPe 9632 (PCI Express version) is reported to work... Nothing about the PCI rev. 1.53.

. Can someone confirm that HDSP 9632 PCI cards rev. 1.53 function (or not) with ALSA 1.0.15 ?

. I did not special configuration for this card. Is it wrong ?

Many thanks to all !

Jean (Linux newbie)