[PlanetCCRMA] tapestrea

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Nov 28 01:55:01 2007

Hi Peter!

> From: Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech@gmail.com>
>
> When I run taps on fc6 I'm getting this:
>
> aps^]:(2:SYSTEM):  | setting cursor state: ON
> [taps^]:(2:SYSTEM):  | initializing opengl/glut...
> [taps^]:(2:SYSTEM): initializing windowing system...
> [taps^]:(2:SYSTEM):  | setting window size: 1024 x 768...
> [taps^]:(2:SYSTEM):  | setting window position: 0, 0...
> libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
> freeglut (tapestrea):  ERROR:  Internal error <Visual with necessary
> capabilities not found> in function fgOpenWindow
> The program 'taps' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>  (Details: serial 23 error_code 3 request_code 4 minor_code 0)
>  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
>
> with --sync it just segfaults.  I'm using freeglut. Is this what others
> have?

We haven't seen this particular error before for TAPESTREA.  It is
possible that you may need to update your display drivers for linux
(often available from the manufacture of the graphics card/chipset).
Also, have you had success running other OpenGL applications on your
system?

Let's see if we can track this down!

Best,
Ge!