[PlanetCCRMA] Failing to start jack for some reasons...

Sat Sep 1 19:24:00 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 21:51 +0100, Michael TD Nelson wrote:
> Thanks Fernando!
>
> I knew I'd be doing something stupid... It's been quite a while since I
> had my last Linux box up.
>
> I can now get the DIGI9636 working fine, as far as I can tell without
> actually going to the trouble of plugging in and firing up my ADC/DACs
> and testing it properly.
>
> On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 12:35 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 18:11 +0100, Michael TD Nelson wrote:
>
> [snipped the original output from qjackctl when trying to use the DIGI96/8 PAD]
>

> > This is different, apparently jack is not (probably) receiving
> > interrupts from the card, the watchdog process times out and kills
> > everything.
>
> Thanks Fernando. The card worked ok on my girlfriend's mother's Windows
> PC a few weeks ago. Also, I can get Hydrogen to use the ALSA driver
> without problems. Is there anything I can try?

Well, the message says "use 8 periods for capture and playback" so
that's what I would try. I seem to vaguely remeber something about the
96/8 that was like this, it had a weird setting for periods or buffer or
something like that. Start with periods=8 and see what it tells you (you
may need to get the buffer down).

-- Fernando