[PlanetCCRMA] installonlyn

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 22:44:01 2007

Hello,

I was having a problem with

yum update

where it would remove all my old kernels, even though the installonlyn
plugin was disabled.  After a search, it looks as though this function
may have made it into yum proper -- you can add this line to the
[main] section of yum.conf:

installonly_limit=N

where N is the number you want to keep, "0" to disable.  The man page
says 0 should be the default, but it wasn't for me, so in case this is
happening to you...   might not be a bad idea to add "kernel-rt" (and
any extra kmods you install?) to the installonlypkgs line --   man
yum.conf for details; not sure the installonlypkgs line is needed if
installonly_limit is disabled.

Matt