[PlanetCCRMA] installonlyn

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Mon Sep 3 05:04:02 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007 13:21, Tracey Hytry wrote:
> Matt, thanks for researching this and finding a fix.
> The most recent kernel I downloaded wget off of the ccrma site after being
> bitten by that once before. Besides, I'm old school and like "rpm -ivh
> kernel-something".
> Not to complain about yum too much, but I think that it's a terrible system
> compared to apt-get. Again thanks Matt, maybe I can trust yum/yumex a bit
> more now?
>
> Tracey

Hi Tracey. If you want to continue using Apt, and synaptic, here are a couple
of lines to add to /etc/apt/sources.list that work for planetccrma.

# Planetccrma
repomd http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/
fedora/linux/planetccrma/$(VERSION)/$(ARCH)

# Planetcore
repomd http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/
fedora/linux/planetcore/$(VERSION)/$(ARCH)

There is a space after the slash following "mirror" so it should look like
this.  mirror/ fedora

All the best.

Nigel.