[PlanetCCRMA] (no subject)

John Lowry jal@eskimo.com
Sun Sep 9 13:42:01 2007

Perhaps these are more Fedora issues, but as questions to this group have
been dealt with quickly in the past I thought I'd start here.

I'm running Fedora 7 with CCRMA.  I have two issues:

1. Networking enablement.  It didn't used to work.  Machine would freeze up.
   So I disabled networking and manually started it up when not running
   low latency kernels.

   Don't know why, but networking no longer freezes the low-latency kernels.
   It may have to do with my ISP (Orange) changing their service slightly or me
   now using  their router.

   But I can't figure out how to get networking to start automatically.  The
   interface (eht0) always starts disabled.  Services have networking configured...what
   must I do to get the hardware enabled at boot?

2. Fuzzy characters.  When I run windows, Firefox displays text very, very
   crisply.  In Fedora, it's super crisp in an Xterm, but not in Firefox.  Looks
   similar to what happens when pixel configuration (e.g. 1280x1024) doesn't
   match the hardware, but I know I have this right and it's fine in an Xterm.
   But Firefox and other programs (e.g. konqueror and the desktop) have a 'soft
   focus' quality.  Any clues as to what may be going wrong?

3. Finally, and this is definitely off topic, but bizarre enough I thought I
   would include it for your amusement(?)  Whenever I go to two monitors, my
   internet connection dies.  This happens with two different machines (HP and
   Acer) and with both Windows and Linux.  Also with the Orange router and a
   Belkin router.  I can't even think of a way this would be happening--how would
   two different OSes bugger a router just because you're using two monitors?
   Has anybody EVER seen this one before?

Thanks,
John