[PlanetCCRMA] PCI Sound Card for a laptop w/ miniPCI port? Or other ideas?

Brandon Simmons brandon.m.simmons@gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:22:01 2007

Hi all,

After purchasing an Indigo IO Cardbus soundcard and finding that my
laptop's crappy ENE bridge doesn't work with the card, I am looking
for some alternatives for good latency audio. I am wondering if anyone
has tried using a miniPCI -> PCI adapter in a laptop to use a standard
PCI interface. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a PCI
cable, so I guess this might only work with my laptop lid up and the
keyboard removed...

Additionally, can anyone recommend a firewire interface or any other
options for me besides my crappy integrated sound? All I really need
is Stereo I/O with quality AD/DA converters, but MIDI or more channels
are good too.

Brandon