[PlanetCCRMA] RME MADI word clock problem

Roman Katzer klangmeister@gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:07:01 2007

Hi all,

I have a Linux system with MADI card (snd-hdspm).  The settings can be
controlled by using the amixer command-line utility.

Right now there's no MADI hardware connected, but I want to use the
word clock output to supply a clock signal to sync my hardware.  For
this, I set the Sample Clock Source of the MADI card to be "Internal
48kHz" - so the MADI is clock master and uses its built-in clock.

However, the word clock output outputs a 25kHz square wave (tested
with a digital scope), not 48kHz.  Re-requesting the same sample rate
and clock source doesn't change anything.  If I do go ahead and
request something above 96kHz the word clock output goes to roughly
51kHz and stays there, even when trying to get a lower sample rate
again.

Can anyone help?

Best regards, and thanks in advance!
Roman