[PlanetCCRMA] GEM Permission problem: Can't load library

Mon Sep 24 10:32:02 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 16:48 -0400, eric labelle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope this isn't a dumb question, I would have checked the mailing
> list archives but they don't seem to be searchable.
>
> I installed the CCRMA GEM package but when I try to run pd -lib Gem I
> get the following message in my pd console:
>
> /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd
> _linux: /usr/lib/libaviplayavcodec- 0.7.so.0: cannot restore segment
> prot after reloc: Permission denied
> Gem: can't load library
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone can nudge me in the direction of the
> solution (I've already tried changin the permission on the file and
> the parent folder as well as trying to execute as root hoping it was a
> simple permission problem but I guess my knowledge is still too
> limited in the linux side since none of those things seemed to change
> the error message lol)

It is a selinux problem (selinux is a kernel level security framework).
Hmmm, you can either turn off selinux (that will require a reboot) or
change an option that allows segment relocations in selinux. Both are
accessed from the "System" "Administration" "Security Level and
Firewall" configuration panel. On which version of fedora is this
happening?

-- Fernando