[PlanetCCRMA] 2 machines, different filesets

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Sep 27 05:17:01 2007

Over the past weekend I installed FC7/Planet CCRMA on 2 machines here.

This morning I ran yum update on both of them, and was amazed to find
that I got 2 different sets of updates.  One machine got a number of
ladspa plugins, and one didn't.

I looked at what's installed on each, and came up with 2 different lists:
[root@xtc ~]# rpm -qa | grep ladspa
ladspa-blop-plugins-0.2.8-2.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-devel-1.12-8.fc7
ladspa-swh-plugins-0.4.15-8.fc7
ladspa-mcp-plugins-0.3.0-3.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-vco-plugins-0.3.0-4.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-1.12-8.fc7
ladspa-caps-plugins-0.4.2-1.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-cmt-plugins-1.15-5.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-tap-plugins-0.7.0-2.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-fil-plugins-0.1.0-1.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-rev-plugins-0.3.1-2.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-amb-plugins-0.3.0-1.fc7.ccrma

[root@rickenbacker log]# rpm -qa | grep ladspa
ladspa-amb-plugins-0.3.0-1.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-swh-plugins-0.4.15-8.fc7
ladspa-1.12-8.fc7
ladspa-caps-plugins-0.4.2-1.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-tap-plugins-0.7.0-2.fc7.ccrma
ladspa-cmt-plugins-1.15-6.fc7
ladspa-fil-plugins-0.1.0-2.fc7
ladspa-blop-plugins-0.2.8-5.fc7
ladspa-devel-1.12-8.fc7
ladspa-vco-plugins-0.3.0-5.fc7
ladspa-mcp-plugins-0.3.0-4.fc7
ladspa-rev-plugins-0.3.1-3.fc7

It looks to me like the FC7 packages are updating faster than the CCRMA
packages (which is understandable), but what I'm at a loss at is why
I'm ending up with divergent package sets when I installed both systems
in the same way - not installing JACK, for example, as part of FC7 but
as part of CCRMA.

My yum.conf and yum.repos.d/* files are exactly the same, so I'm at an
utter loss as to why I'd end up with different package sets.