[PlanetCCRMA] 2 machines, different filesets

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Sep 27 08:08:01 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:35:29PM +0200, m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl wrote:
> Citeren Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>:
>
> >Over the past weekend I installed FC7/Planet CCRMA on 2 machines here.
> >
> >This morning I ran yum update on both of them, and was amazed to find
> >that I got 2 different sets of updates.  One machine got a number of
> >ladspa plugins, and one didn't.
>
> When doing a yum update. sometimes yum has to retry, using a different
> mirror-site. The different mirrors are not always synced: It can happen
> that updates are available on one mirror a a day or two later than on
> another mirror. Try a yum update on the machine with the older packages
> again one or two days later abd see what happens then.

In the immortal words of Homer, "D'oh!"

That's what I get for doing these things while undercaffeinated.  I ran
yum update again on the xtc machine, and picked up all the updates that
I didn't get a few hours ago.

Thanks for the ride on the clue bus!