[PlanetCCRMA] [FFADO-user] Fwd: weird sounds rt firebox

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Tue Apr 1 04:00:23 PDT 2008

Peter Hartmann wrote:
> I probably should have sent this here first.   BTW,  this is on a dell
> laptop 1.6 mobile cpu.   I'm just trying to run one effect with low
> latency.   Shouldn't be a big deal I think.

You are experiencing dropped packets. The 1.0.7 version of freebob
doesn't report those as xruns. The most recent SVN version does. For
your pleasure I've released this version such that Fernando can package
it for optimal user experience ;).

some things to check:
- do you have dynamic cpu speed on? freebob doesn't like that
- what's your host controller make? (lspci -v | grep 1394)
- is your host controller's interrupt shared with another device?
you can use the following tool to check that:
http://subversion.ffado.org/browser/trunk/libffado/support/tools/listirqinfo.py?format=raw
if it is, try unloading the modules that it shares irq with. switch off
wireless and wired ethernet, plug in your usb devices in another slot, ...

if you post the output of the listirqinfo script and of lspci -v | grep
1394 I might get a clue. dmesg | grep 1394 can also help (after running
jack for a while)

Greets,

Pieter