[PlanetCCRMA] permissions problem with edirol fa-66

kuzh anan belgeler at seznam.cz
Thu Apr 3 16:28:16 PDT 2008

> > real-time priority              (-r) 20
>
> This should give 99. When jack starts, it tries to set its real time
> priority to something like 60 or 70 and fails. Can you post your
> entire limits.conf?
>
> Did you log out and back in? Do you have any suspicious messages in
> /var/log/messages and/or /var/log/secure, either when you log in or
> when you start jack?
>
> --
> Arnaud

Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks.
This is from /var/log/messages:
Apr  4 01:18:40 localhost kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for node 0-00:1023
Apr  4 01:18:43 localhost kernel: doh, someone wants to mess with state set
It doesn't appear if I run jackd as root.

cat /etc/security/limits.conf
## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
@jackuser - rtprio 20
@jackuser - memlock 4194304

## Automatically appended by the Planet CCRMA jack-audio-connection-kit
* - rtprio 99
* - memlock 4194304
* - nice -10

Best