[PlanetCCRMA] FC8 / CCRMA : Audio Group???

Wed Apr 23 23:49:29 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 17:30 -0700, Nexxus Six wrote:
> Hi All,
> If I run Jack (under QJackCtl) as root, it will run in real time mode,
> but as a normal user, Jack complains about not being able to run in a
> real time mode.
>
> How do you configure FC8 to let a normal user run Jack with root-like
> priorities?

Check to see which version of jack-audio-connection-kit you have installed.
The one from ccrma should be setting that automatically for you. Check
/etc/security/limits.conf, it should contain:

----
## Automatically appended by the Planet CCRMA jack-audio-connection-kit
* - rtprio 99
* - memlock 4194304
* - nice -10
----

If this is missing just add it (you will have to logout and login again
for the change to take effect).