[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma 64 bit

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Fri Apr 25 15:19:01 PDT 2008

Arthur <arthura at cox.net> writes:

> I've just installed fedora 8 and everything is running well. I have an
> intel Q6600 so I would like to know if everything runs as well on fedora
> 8 64 bit.

I guess it depends what you mean by "everything". Some stuff like pd
or supercollider just won't build on 64 bit; you could probably use
the 32 bit versions, but mixing 32 and 64 bit jack clients looks like
a nightmare (never tried it myself). The rest runs just as well on 64
bit systems (probably even a bit faster provided you have enough
memory, but I never made real comparisons). I have a 64 bit DAW
running mainly ardour, muse and a few softsynths and I am quite happy
with it.

> I was also wondering flash is functional yet on 64 bit linux.

Not as far as I know. The 32 bit version can work in some setups with
nspluginwrapper. I must say I am probably not the best advisor here
though, as I consider flash broken regardless of the platform. :-)

--
Arnaud