[PlanetCCRMA] midi keyboard for beginner

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 10:29:51 PDT 2008

Hey All,

I have a keyboard with a midi out and a soundcard with a midi in (M-Audio
delta 1010) but have no experience with midi.  I normally just use Ardour to
record external instruments.  I'm looking for some software that will let me
use the midi keyboard with the computer to build and play with different
sounds.  I looked at alsa modular synth but I don't understand how to get
the signal from the keyboard to control sounds.  Can anyone recommend a good
(current) how to about this kind of thing for folks brand new to midi?

Thanks!