[PlanetCCRMA] csound env variables

Mon Apr 28 09:24:19 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 23:16 +0000, James Hearon wrote:
> fc6.  Where do the csound environment variables, such as OPCODEDIR,
> get set in the Planet package?

You see anything if you do an "echo $OPCODEDIR"? (I'm not a csound user
- BTW, it is a Fedora package now).

Or you want to know how to set them? You can add the proper incantations
to ~/.bashrc if you are using bash as your shell.

> Also how is csound able to start
> at the command line?  Does it get added to path in some way?

The main binary is installed in /usr/bin and that directory is part of
the normal path where commands are looked for (to see what is being
searched in your case do "echo $PATH" in a terminal).

> I have a couple different versions around and wind up inevitably
> getting them confused when trying to access csound from a host.

You may need to create scripts to start your different versions of
csound with the proper parameters and environment variables.