[PlanetCCRMA] JACK Optimization

Nexxus Six nexxusix at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 12:37:45 PDT 2008

Fernando,
Thank you for the fast reply... I was also trying some unusual combinations last night... like 32 for buffer, and 16 (or more) for period. Is there any trade offs for using low buffer / high period? 2 Periods or less definitely does not work (tried that last night)... more buffering works, but the latency then gets large (341mS or bigger).

I was able to find this:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-hda-intel

Would any of this be good when using Jack?

Thanks,
NexxuSix