[PlanetCCRMA] [PlanetCCRMANews] the Planet lands on Fedora 10

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Mon Dec 1 13:41:59 PST 2008

I think it's time to get Linus' attention. The hard hang bug is a kernel
regression. MIDI not working with ALSA is a kernel regression. Linus has
said many times that a regression is a thousand times worse than any
other bug, so if kernel devs aren't paying attention, I say it's time to
do an end-run around them and go to a higher authority.

But re: Practicality, is it best for now to use F8 with the 2.6.24 CCRMA
kernel? I will be building a new system in about a week, and stability
is the most important thing right now.

Thanks for all you're doing.

David