[PlanetCCRMA] [PlanetCCRMANews] the Planet lands on Fedora 10

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:34:24 PST 2008

I was not aware of this at all, but I guess it adds to the feeling that
desktop Fedora/Linux has passed the pro-audio stage and doesn't want to come
back. This is a huge shame for me, because a kernel with that patch makes
all the difference to getting a "musical" latency and no x-runs (all round
better audio performance). I'd rather have that than a new kernel. (But if I
had new hardware?, I guess I'd rather have the new kernel.)

Who is the author of the actual patch? Are they interested?

Anyone got a spin of Fedora 8 handy?