[PlanetCCRMA] jack: upgrades

Tue Dec 2 23:59:31 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 00:09 -0700, David Nielson wrote:
> Would Paul Davis please adopt a version numbering scheme for Jack that
> makes sense?

Not Paul Davis alone... and they do make sense :-)

0.xxx.x: precursor to 1.0, jack1

1.9.x: precursor to 2.0, jack2 or jackmp (for MultiProcessor)

The overlap is because of the independent development process, I
believe. They are two separate code bases that implement the same API.
1.9.x is the future (and I think the present as well).

> Thanks for the new releases though. The new versions are SOOOOOOO much
> better than that last one.

I hope this part at least stabilizes...