[PlanetCCRMA] New Toys, and Linux compatiblity!

Nexxus Six nexxusix at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 23:04:37 PST 2008

Hi all,
I just thought I would deliver some good news:

Korg Nano Series nanoKey works with Jack / ZynAddSubFX
Korg Nano Series nanoPad works with Jack / Hydrogen
Korg Nano Series nanoKontrol - still testing this one... I don't know of an app to try... perhaps Ardour????

Also:
Digitech GNX4 interfaces nicely with Jack! =) Just using a "normal" Fedora Core 8 kernel: 2.6.26.6-49.fc8, and configuring Jack: 64 frames, 44100 Sample Rate, 6 Periods / Buffers, I am able to get 8.71mS latency without much tweaking. Jack actually "sees" the GNX4 as: hw:1 GNX4.

Of course now, there is the issue of what to do with the Windows software that is offered with the Nano Series: Ableton Lite, and M1 keyboard VST. As for the M1, I could get that running under Wine / Jack / EnergyXT for sure... but Ableton might be a loss for Linux.

Cheers,
NexxuSix