[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS ?

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Mon Dec 8 00:07:43 PST 2008

lanas <lanas at securenet.net> writes:

>   Anyone tried having CCRMA on a CentOS releae (32 or 64 bit) ?  Since
> they claim binary compatibility, maybe it should work fine.  Anyone
> actualled tried it ?

Actually there is a CentOS port of Planet CCRMA. It is still a little
rough at the edges but it should work.

To use it, install
<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/centos/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.1-1.el5.ccrma.noarch.rpm>
then "yum install" the packages you want. There is no planetccrma-apps
package so you need to pick what you want by hand; there is a (largely
untested, at least by me) planetccrma-core package.

You will need the Fedora EPEL repo for some dependencies, see
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL>.

I am really interested in any feedback about the CentOS version, as I
use only a very small part of it myself.

--
Arnaud