[PlanetCCRMA] Updating libraw1394, scons, and others...

Wed Dec 10 14:52:05 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 09:23 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 23:20 -0700, David Nielson wrote:
> > Scons has been at version 1.1.0 stable for a long time. Libraw1394 has
> > been at stable 2.0.0 for a long time. This email is for my benefit: I am
> > complaining that Fedora isn't updating these packages, and I can't see a
> > good reason why. This makes a hassle for me, as I have to remove the
> > Fedora-provided Scons and install the newer version, overwrite
> > libraw1394 1.3.0 with 2.0.0, before I can even think about compiling the
> > current RC for libffado and jack.
>
> Just yesterday I was trying to work again on libraw1394 and libfaado. I
> built packages for fc10 that I was trying to test together with a ffado
> enabled jack build (in fc10 libraw1394 has been updated to 2.0.0). I
> have not yet tried to build on fc9 but I presume that will work...

Well, I built the (unstable) kernel-rt package for fc10 to just test and
with libffado 2.0.0 rc1 and a new jack with ffado support I managed to
get an Edirol FA-101 working... With the standard Fedora kernel and the
juju firewire stack it still does not work (although it tries).

-- Fernando