[PlanetCCRMA] Rolling a custom RT kernel

Ken Ellinwood kellinwood at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 13:54:27 PST 2008

Roy,

I did this recently for the same reason, but FYI I later abandoned CentOS 5 in favor of FC8 due to application stability problems.  To my surprise, the CCRMA RT kernel for FC8 supports the Intel 3945 wireless card.  I got it working with no trouble using the Gnome network manager applet.  So if you can, I recommend FC8+CCRMA.

But regardless, building the RT kernel isn't difficult.  I think this is what you want:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RT_PREEMPT_HOWTO

Ken