[PlanetCCRMA] kmod-nvidia spec file kmodtools

Wed Feb 20 14:28:01 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 16:48 -0500, Juan I Reyes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fedora-8 while trying to build a new kmod-nvidia module for
> Kernel-2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrmart , I don't seem to get the correct
> Kernel version number while using livna's nvidia-kmod.spec file.
>
> For what I see on the spec-file, there is a line,
>
> # (un)define the next line to either build for the newest or all current
> # kernels
> define buildforkernels newest
>
> If i leave this option and using,
> rpmbuild -ba --target i686 nvidia-kmod.spec
>
>  I get kmod-nvidia rpm modules for all the Fedora stock kernels I have
> installed but not PlanetCCRMA's.
>
> ls /usr/src/kernels indeed shows me sources for the ccrma-rt kernel:
> drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 4096 2008-02-20 15:58 \
> 2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrma-rt-i686
>
> but ccrma-rt sources don't seem to be recognized.
>
> How can I build the correct kernel-version (ccrma-rt kernel), using the
> livna spec file. Furthermore, how can I get kmodtools which seems to be
> handling kernel-version numbers now, to read the ccrmart kernel version.

You can add "rt" as a known variant in kmodtool before trying to build,
this is what I have used in the past for kernel modules:

knownvariants=@(rt|BOOT|PAE?(-debug)|@(big|huge)mem|debug|enterprise|
kdump|?(large)smp?(-debug)|uml|xen?([0U])?(-PAE))

Note the added "rt" at the beginning.

-- Fernando