[PlanetCCRMA] Google Earth and the 2.6.24 rt kernel.

Mon Feb 25 21:32:00 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 23:01 -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Just a heads up: Google Earth works with the latest 2.6.23.15-137.fc8 but not
> with the 2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrma kernel-rt.  With the rt kernel, GE causes
> an immediate logout and X server crash.  This is a Dell Inspiron 640m with an
> Intel 945 integrated graphics controller.  No logs are being generated.
>
> Also, though, I noticed that udev takes a very long time to complete with the
> 2.6.24 rt kernel, but is very quick on the 2.6.23.15 kernel.  Not sure what
> is happening, but thought folk would want to know.

Yes, I have noticed the udev delays myself. Don't know what to make of
it. I'm planning on looking at the set of patches that are being used by
the beta version of redhat's grm realtime kernel. But I won't be able to
take a look till next week[*]

-- Fernando

[*] I'll be at LAC2008 this week.