[PlanetCCRMA] chuck on fedora 8 x86_64

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 25 22:09:00 2008

> On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 00:11 -0400, francis keyes wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anyone had any luck installing chuck on a Fedora 8 x86_64 machine?
>> It's not in the ccrma repository and I've had various problems trying
>> to compile it from source.
>
> Last I heard it does not work on 64 bit versions of the os... don't know
> why.

That is correct - chuck does not yet work on 64 bit.  The problem is due
to 32-bit assumptions made by parts of the code base.  Unfortunate, but
true.  64-bit compatible chuck is definitely on the high priority TODO
list, but no timeline to completion can be offered at the moment.  Does
the PlanetCCRMA 32-bit chuck work on fedora 8 x86_64?  If not, a potential
workaround may be to target/compile chuck for 32-bit, though I believe
this requires having relevant 32-bit libraries to link against as well.

Best,
Ge!