[PlanetCCRMA] jackd won't start on fc8 with audiophile 2496

Fri Jan 18 09:20:01 2008

On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 16:40 +0100, Bengt Månsson wrote:
> Hi
> I have been searching all archives and see that quite a few people
> have had problems with jackd. I have not yet seen any hints on how I
> can fix my problems, so I ask you guys.
>
> I have a new built desktop computer and have just installed fc8, done
> an upgrade, and installed planetccrma kernel and all as described in
> the instructions.
> (I first failed to install fc7, lacking drivers, but that is a
> different story.)
>
> aplay -l is able to find the card.
> alsamixer too.
> With envy24control I can also see that sound input is working.
>
> I start Qjackctl and click start. First it looks ok but after a half
> minute it stops again with he following messages:
>         ALSA: poll time out, polled for 31998611 usecs

That would seem to indicate a low level problem with the alsa driver and
your hardware. I think it means that alsa did not receive an interrupt
from the card... I don't know what could be tried to fix this.

-- Fernando