[PlanetCCRMA] JACK Rack and vkeybd

simone cimo75 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:05:09 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:35 AM, mrskinnyarms <mrafoster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul Coccoli wrote:
>>

>> What version of jack-rack?  I have 1.4.6, and when I right-click on
>> the enable button for a plugin, I get the "Add MIDI Control" option
>> just like on a slider.
jackrack only responds to CC and not to notes ON/OFF so you have to
use eg qmidiroute to translate a button press to a CC with value127 to
turn on and a CC with value0 to turn off the effect.In my case the
Korg MicroKontrol have a special setup to accomplish this, if you
keyboard hasn t then use qmidiroute

>> By the way, another option would be to hack up a joystick and use
>> aseqjoy to convert the button presses to MIDI CC.
>>

> This is true, it does that for me as well.
> But I'm having trouble interfacing the Rack with vkeybd.
>
> After adding a control for "enable", JACK Rack gives me the "JACK Rack midi
> controls" window which looks something like...
>
> Plugin            Control     Index      MIDI Channel     MIDI Control
> Min Value    Max Value
> Effect name    Enable           1                         0
> 0              0.00             0.00
>
> I can only edit the MIDI Channel, MIDI Control, Min Value, and Max Value.
> I'm looking to create a number of MIDI controls for the "enable" option of
> different effects so I can turn each effect on and off in response to a
> particular key being hit.
>
> --

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed....