[PlanetCCRMA] SwingOSC with SuperCollider

Thu Jun 5 22:47:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 18:51 -0700, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> i've been spending the day trying migrate my gui stuff in
> SuperCollider from SCUM to SwingOSC to make the patches cross
> platform (so i can use my OS X patches in PlanetCCRMA)
> one big thing that i discovered is that the java that is installed
> with fedora core/planetccrma is not working with SwingOSC. Apparently
> I'm not the first person to notice this, what works is to have sun
> java installed instead of gcj which is what's normally used here.
> can we get sun java into the planetccrma dist or is that somehow
> proprietary?

The jdk is not redistributable so I can't package it until it has been
"freed". The jre is, I think, redistributable but the fine print I read
a long time ago had stuff about liability and similar words that I can't
accept.

-- Fernando