[PlanetCCRMA] SwingOSC with SuperCollider

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Thu Jun 5 23:37:32 PDT 2008

> The jdk is not redistributable so I can't package it until it has been
> "freed". The jre is, I think, redistributable but the fine print I read
> a long time ago had stuff about liability and similar words that I can't
> accept.
>
> -- Fernando
>

> > finally got it working:
> >
> > 1) downloaded JRE 6 from

My experience with java and fedora is only because I needed it to run the arduino programming environment.

I've managed to get it working on a 64bit fedora 7 by downloading the 32bit stuff from sun and installing it on fedora 7.   I remember that it was a painful and frustrating experience when I did it last fall.

Recently I just set up a new fedora9-32bit installation (on an amd64 system) and the newest/greatest "free" java that's included as part of fedora9, and it "worked out of the box" (after I set up the permissions of course).  I'm not sure if it works for other programs though, as I'm not a big fan of java.  There's some mention of what's up in the fedora9 release notes.

Tracey.