[PlanetCCRMA] Noteedit and PlanetCCRMA

Nick Metrowsky nmetro at scarletandgray.info
Fri Jun 27 15:09:23 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have tried to build Noteedit and tse3 on Fedora 9. Unfortunately, tse3
will not build properly. The original author of Noteedit has come up
with a replacement tool called NtEd. In order to use NtEd, one needs to
convert Noteedit files to MusicXML format. The author does not plan to
conversion tool as part of NtEd. In addition, a patch needs to be
applied to Noteedit proper in order to support the "not" MusicXML
conversion. The Canorus software, like NtEd, does not have direct
support for Noteedit "not" files (though Canorus claims that someday
they will provide a means of importing Noteedit "not" file). Both NtEd
and Canorus are beta products.

So, if someone can figure out how to "fix" the tse3 compilation problem,
then it could be possible to create a Noteedit distribution for Fedora
9. This seems to be the best course of action for those who use Noteedit
  in the Fedora environment.

Hopefully, everyone finds this information useful.

Best Regards,

Nick

Nick Metrowsky                   | http://www.scarletandgray.info
3624 Oakwood Drive               | E-Mail: nmetro at scarletandgray.info
Longmont, CO 80503-7560          | Phone: (303)485-5696