[PlanetCCRMA] Qjackctl connection saver (patchbay)

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:11:02 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Len <lenb_99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ah, I see.  So a simple script (to start up clients) combined with the qjackctl patchbay would be the way to recover quickly, yes?

No, not a simple script.  A complicated script, because if a few, but
not all, clients crash, you still want to be able to recover quickly,
right?  That will take more thought.  If you're only trying to recover
from the entire session crashing, then it's simpler.  However, it's
much more likely that only one client will crash at a time.
That's why proper session management, as in LASH, is needed.