[PlanetCCRMA] Announcing Planet CCRMA for CentOS

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:44:02 2008

------=_Part_712_13582097.1205232230063

Hi Arnaud,

this looks fantastic. may I ask, how often will you be doing updates to the
major programs like jack and ardour?

i want a nice, stable package. linux is fun to wrestle with but its tiring.

NM

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale <Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr>
wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> The CentOS 5 version of Planet CCRMA is now available. Well,
> almost. Some packages work, some have broken dependencies and some
> have not been built yet. The packages that are here *should* work,
> except for the few that won't install because of broken deps (I count
> 3 of them).
>
> To install the Planet on CentOS, you will need to enable the Fedora
> EPEL repo; see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL for more on this
> subject.
>
> You can browse a list of the packages in the Planet here:
>

> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/centos/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repoview/index.html
> (for i386)
>

> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/centos/linux/planetccrma/5/x86_64/repoview/index.html
> (for x86_64)
>
> To get running, install the planetccrma-repo package from these
> locations. You can then "yum install the-packages-you-want".
>
> Enjoy!
> --
> Arnaud

------=_Part_712_13582097.1205232230063

Hi folks!<br>
The CentOS 5 version of Planet CCRMA is now available. Well,<br>
almost. Some packages work, some have broken dependencies and some<br>
have not been built yet. The packages that are here *should* work,<br>
except for the few that won&#39;t install because of broken deps (I count<br>
3 of them).<br>
To install the Planet on CentOS, you will need to enable the Fedora<br>
subject.<br>
You can browse a list of the packages in the Planet here:<br>
(for i386)<br>

(for x86_64)<br>
To get running, install the planetccrma-repo package from these<br>
locations. You can then &quot;yum install the-packages-you-want&quot;.<br>
Enjoy!<br>
Arnaud<br>