[PlanetCCRMA] Announcing Planet CCRMA for CentOS

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 06:04:34 2008

------=_Part_4253_21005229.1205570268507

Thanks, I'm actually using CentOs 5 now with CCRMA.

I was wondering, what else do I need to install aside from kernel-rt?

Is it possible to get envy24control added to the repo?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale <Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> "Nicholas Manojlovic" <nicholasmanojlovic@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > this looks fantastic. may I ask, how often will you be doing updates to
> the
> > major programs like jack and ardour?
>
> I don't know. :-)
>
> I guess the packages that are in Planet CCRMA for Fedora will get
> updated at the same rate as long as the OS provides the right
> dependencies (I would like to avoid upgrading anything that comes from
> EPEL, let alone from CentOS itself).
>
> As for the others (including Ardour and JACK), I will try to follow
> minor updates at least; I guess the major updates will be included or
> not on a case by case basis, depending on the scope of the changes. I
> really don't have plans for these; I don't know if Fernando has an
> opinion on the subject.
>
> --
> Arnaud

------=_Part_4253_21005229.1205570268507

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale &lt;<a href="mailto:Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr">Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi Nicholas,<br>
&quot;Nicholas Manojlovic&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:nicholasmanojlovic@gmail.com">nicholasmanojlovic@gmail.com</a>&gt; writes:<br>
&gt; this looks fantastic. may I ask, how often will you be doing updates to the<br>
&gt; major programs like jack and ardour?<br>
I guess the packages that are in Planet CCRMA for Fedora will get<br>
updated at the same rate as long as the OS provides the right<br>
dependencies (I would like to avoid upgrading anything that comes from<br>
EPEL, let alone from CentOS itself).<br>
As for the others (including Ardour and JACK), I will try to follow<br>
minor updates at least; I guess the major updates will be included or<br>
not on a case by case basis, depending on the scope of the changes. I<br>
really don&#39;t have plans for these; I don&#39;t know if Fernando has an<br>
opinion on the subject.<br>
--<br>