[PlanetCCRMA] Building ardour can't find jack >= 0.109.0

Wed Mar 26 13:15:01 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 11:46 -0500, grae wrote:
> Hi,  I'm attempting to build ardour3 for "the fun of it" and scons
> complains that it can't find the appropriate jack stuff.
>
> I have jack (and the devel) version of 0.109.12-0.svn1135_890.1
> installed.  jackd --version returns 0.109.12
>
> I only sort of know what I'm doing so maybe I should be talking to the
> ardour folks about this instead, but it "seems" like a packaging
> issue.

If you have jack-audio-connection-kit-devel installed then it could be a
problem with the "testing" jack (and its packaging). What is the exact
error message you get from the build process? You could also try
downgrading to the "standard" jack, not the testing one.

-- Fernando