[PlanetCCRMA] seeking relatively simple FM synthesis library

Peter Rayner peter.rayner at lsce.ipsl.fr
Thu Mar 27 07:44:08 PDT 2008

Apologies for the beginner question:
I would like to do some work on sonic representations of geophysical
data.  For this I would like a relatively simple synthesis toolkit
... probably FM synthesis would suffice.  The last time I looked at
this was 15 years ago when I had a NextStation and used MusicKit.  I'm
getting a bit lost in the capabilities of the various packages on
PlanetCCRMA.  If someone can point me to either an overview of the
various applications/libraries or at a couple of libraries that might
do the trick I would be grateful.
If it matters, development will be under FC-8 but I would like to keep
dependencies simple enough to make the results easily sharable.
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay