[PlanetCCRMA] ATI and F8

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Tue May 6 13:25:37 PDT 2008

I am struggling with same issues on an intel quad core pc with hd2600
card (great fanless card!!)  The ati supplied drivers dont work with
current stock kernel. These drivers are installed with the ati
installer downloaded from ati site. I have not tried to install this
driver over the rt kernel because rt kernel isn't playing nicely with
my system right now. The livna packages worked perfectly but, as you
point out, won't work with rt kernel. I used the fedora display
configure GUI and selected radeonhd as the card and this works well. I
needed 1920x1200 so I had to add this into xorg.conf, but it all works
as expected.

I guess its time for an upgrade so I can get it to stop working again.

-Joe Dell'Orfano

On May 6, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Michael Gurevich <gurevich at ccrma.Stanford.EDU