[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA on Fedora 9: first steps

Wed May 14 10:14:24 PDT 2008

Hi all, it is very very strange that nobody has asked yet on the list
the usual question: "why is Planet CCRMA not available for Fedora 9
YET??"

So, before that happens:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/9/i386/repoview/
or
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/9/x86_64/repoview/

will tell you the current story as it unfolds...

CAVEAT CAVEAT CAVEAT WARNING WARNING WARNING:

Those packages have NOT BEEN TESTED... I'm currently in Berlin, very
busy, and I don't have a machine I can install Fedora 9 on to test drive
a bit the packages. So install at your own risk! Feedback, of course, is
welcome. Most probably Carr at CCRMA will start testing stuff soon, but
until then...

Installing:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/9/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.1-1.fc9.ccrma.noarch.rpm
should get you started...

The package collection is still incomplete, many build failures. Not
even a nice planetccrma-apps meta package :-) That will be remedied
eventually.

There is also a bonus kernel-rt package in the planetcore repository but
without any additional goodies like meta packages and all that (but
rtirq is there).

No need to say that you can _still_ make music on Fedora 8, no need to
hurry :-)

-- Fernando

BTW: the old Planet CCRMA web pages are still very old _looking_ but are
in the process of being renovated. Links to the correct repoview pages
for all packages are starting to actually work (most of them) so that
software will show its current versions, etc, etc. Most of the really
old stuff has been cleaned up. Some progress is better than nothing...