[PlanetCCRMA] FC9: My experiences so far...

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:57:23 PDT 2008

2008/5/20 Nexxus Six <nexxusix at yahoo.com>:

> Also: nVidia on FC9: broken. Yeah, I know this is Planet CCRMA, but from
> what I see in other postings on the net... apparently, its not the driver
> but Xorg? I have a GeForce 8600M GS. Has anybody successfully compiled an
> nVidia driver for Planet CCRMA?
>
> Thanks,
> NexxuSix

Hi NexxuSix,

Well, It seems that we all Nvidia owners will have to wait long time
before having a fully working Fedora 9 installation. Read all about it
here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107725&highlight=fedora

Basically the problem is that Fedora included a pre-release version of
X which is not supported by Nvidia and they (Nvidia) expressed will
not support it until the final release is out (which could take long
time since it looks like X releases are always delayed by months).

Hector