[PlanetCCRMA] new ccrma 2.6.24 kernel & vmware

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 28 07:20:00 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Erik Steinholtz wrote:
> Hello carmers,
>
> trying the 2.6.24.7.ccrma-rt kernel, I am running into problems with
> recompiling vmware drivers. I remember similar errors when trying the
> 2.6.24.3  kernel earlier.
>
> I've got to admit that I probably won't try to change the code etc - it's a
> bit beyond my scope. But if someone has advise on how this'd be fixed -
> great. Otherwise, I'll just lean back comfotably on my 2.6.22...

You need the 'any-any' patch installed. See
http://symbolik.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/vmware-any-any-update116/

I just recompiled the support modules for this latest ccrma-rt kernel, and
with those patches it compiled fine.  Note that the patches must be applied
to a pristine VMware installation; that means you need to uninstall
completely, then reinstall, apply the patches, and configure.  The patch
includes a script and a README on the process.

The patchset is currently at revision 116; that's the one I have running with
VMware Workstation 6.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu