[PlanetCCRMA] ffado, jack and ccrma

Simon W. Fielding s.fielding at wmcce.org
Wed Oct 1 08:24:57 PDT 2008

Hi,
I have currently got access to a Phonic Helix 12 firewire MkII mixer. I have built libffado (ffado library version: libffado 1.999.36-) and jack (version 0.113.0) in order to test it out. I can get sound from the various input channels and feed them back to the output channels of the mixer successfully (although qjackctl logs some problems with reading the config rom which don't seem to prevent the basic workings of the mixer). However, I can't download any useful packages (eg ardour) from the ccrma repo without it trying to install jack as well. I don't really have the spare time to build all the packages I might need from scratch so my (possibly dumb) question is :- Is there any way to persuade yum that I already have a jack package installed which might allow me to continue with my experimentation?

If anything comes of any of this or if anyone can suggest useful info I could pass on, I would be happy to gather any information I can which might be of use to either planetccrma or to the ffado project.

Cheers,
Simon