[PlanetCCRMA] [ecasound] jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Oct 10 02:47:50 PDT 2008

Yes you can change jackd timeout:
jackd --timeout milliseconds [your other options]
   But I'm not really sure, that's, what you want to do. Perhaps first you
could try to set it up. Probably the long noise comes from jack dying, in that
case a longer timeout wouldn't kill jack at this point. Try 4500 milliseconds.
   If this doesn't help, this is not nice at all. I've never had this special
kind of problem. Perhaps you should try the Linux Audio Users (LAU) list then
with your problem. Be sure to include your linux distro's name, your basic
hardware setup.
   HTH.
   Kindest regards
          Julien