[PlanetCCRMA] [PlanetCCRMANews] more "testing" kernels, bristol

Mon Oct 20 09:34:19 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:00 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> I have installed the kernel-rt from planetccrma-testing. I tried to "yum
> remove" the older kernel ( the one from from the stable planetccrma
> repo). But this was not possible because the planetccrma-core package
> requires the old kernel. rpm -e --nodeps did the trick for me.
>
> Maybe with a new kernel-rt release in planetccrma-testing a
> corresponding planetccrma-core rpm package should also be released in
> planetccrma-testing ?

Well, the planetccrma-core packages in testing are still pointing to the
2.6.24.x kernels. For now I think I will leave it like this as the
2.6.26.x kernels are not yet as good (for example usb midi appears to
not work - a big no no for music use...) Unless you are short on disk
space there is no need to get rid of the old 2.6.24.x kernel...

I will release a new planetccrma-core packages for 2.6.24.7-1.rt21.1
packages...