[PlanetCCRMA] Phonic Helix Board 24 on Fedora

Jay Stanley beansboy at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 06:22:01 PDT 2008

photonjunky said:
> I'm having the same issue... specifically the
>
> src/libffado.so: undefined reference to
> `raw1394_read_cycle_timer'
>
>  if you've figured this one out please respond,
> thanks..

I encountered the same problem (libffado) with an Echo Audiofire2.  I was really determined to make it work.  Summary: I'd recommend waiting for libffado to be added to ccrma unless you're really determined.

I ended up setting up a completely new partition and installed a distro called 64Studio (to allow it to work until libffado is added to ccrma).

Then, followed these notes
  http://ffado.org/?q=node/163
and
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=484E4468.3070702%40joow.be&forum_name=ffado-user

In short, this required me to register with the libffado site to see the discussions/doc, get the very latest libffado (+ dependencies) + Jack (+ dependencies/working with libffado) from SVN (ie very latest releases), compiling those manually, and installing them.

This is really on the 'bleeding edge' and did take a lot of effort, but so far things are quite stable; no xruns running Ardour2 on a thinkpad t61, and the libffado mixer works fine.  I'm missing a bunch of packages of course though...  and of course there are many debian -vs- fedora differences.

Hope this helps.

ps - just want to say 'thanks' to Fernando and the ccrma crew for providing such a great distro -- I've been using it since RH6, and this isn't easy!