[PlanetCCRMA] Hydrogen on F10 crashes desktop when starting.

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:36:02 PDT 2009

 From: Nigel Henry

> Anyone having problems with Hydrogen on F10?
>
> Each time I try to start it from the desktop icon, it opens the splash for
> hydrogen, and the info window. the splash goes away, but when I click on OK
> on the info window for hydrogen, it immediately crashes the KDE, or Gnome
> desktop, bringing me back to the GDM login.

Could you remove or backup ~/.hydrogen and retry?

A trace output would be useful to see what's going wrong. You can run
hydrogen against gdb.

> Hydrogen version is 0.9.3 from the rpmfusion repo

It's actually from Fedora itself. I'm one of the package maintainers.
FYI, there is hydrogen 0.9.4beta3 in the Fedora testing repo. I will
keep that one in testing until 0.9.4 is released officially (which
should be soon). But I have been using it for a while and it seems
pretty stable. It uses qt4, whereas hydrogen 0.9.3 uses qt3.

If you have time to test it, go ahead.

Cheers,
Orcan