[PlanetCCRMA] dssi-vst

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Thu Apr 16 02:18:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have just installed the dssi-vst package and I think it is cool !
I already used dssi synth plugins ( hexter-dssi, whysynth-dssi, fluidsynth-dssi ) and they sound great. But the
choice in plugins is limited compared to the huge amounts of VST plugins that exist out there for Windows.

I already found a dozen really nice free instrument and synth plugins that actually work on my Linux box. Also
several that did not work.

Hey PlanetCCRMA mailinglist readers:

1. What are your favourite free VST plugins that are known to work under Linux/DSSI architecture ?
2. What commercial VST plugins are worth the money AND known to work under Linux/DSSI ?

My answer to question 1. changes every day. Today's favorite: tb_papaya_1_2.dll ( www.tweakbench.com ) a small plugin
to emulate mallet instruments like carribean steeldrums. Sun & Fun :-) Yesterday's favorite: TAL-Bassline.dll an
emulation of the first synth I ever bought when I was young ( a Roland SH-101 ) and that I sold again when I could
afford a polysynth. Nostalgia ...

--

Martin Tarenskeen