[PlanetCCRMA] rtPAE with nvidia?

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Thu Apr 16 11:46:10 PDT 2009

plutek-infinity wrote:

> is anyone out there successfully running the nvidia driver with the
> 2.6.29.1-1.rt4.1.fc1.ccrma.rtPAE kernel? i installed the rtPAE-devel
> package, then ran the nvidia installer script, but got an error message
> saying that the kernel sources can't be found.
>
> they do seem to be at the expected place under /lib/modules/ so i'm not
> sure what's going on.
>
> any clues?

I don't think akmod-nvidia will install on the <dot>29 real time kernels.
Either these kernel dev files are missing something or the akmod doesn't
like the <dot>29 version.  I believe the akmod-nvidia from RPMFusion should
work with the current PAE RT kernel, it works with my i686 RT kernel.
-- Jeff